DAY UP IN THE SMOKE

DAY TWENTY NINE
Oh dear it happened again, sorry for the absence yesterday, there was a big day job deadline in the workroom that involved me working late and by the time I had finished.... Well you know how it is, the last thing I wanted to do was sit at the computer for anything other than a light bit of brainless facebook browsing.

 
 
Yesterday today was looking to be long and stressful with costume fittings on two different shows one first thing in the morning and one finishing just in time for me to catch the rush hour crush on the train home.
And yet somehow after a couple of quick calls it turned out to be a real humdinger of a day.
One of the best I have had in quite a while.
First off a spot of work, followed by a leasurly mooch round Borough Market.

 
It was wonderfully festive and made me feel all Christmassy.

 
Some of these may have cakes come away with me.



 
Then a long lunch with a couple of brilliant girl friends neither of whom I ever see enough of. 
Much gossiping and catching up went on.
After which we all hot footed it up to the National Portrait Gallery to check out the Grayson Perry exhibition.

 
 
Stunning.

 
When I watched the "Who are you?" series on channel 4 earlier in the year the Ashford Hijab was one of my favourite pieces, it didn't dissapoint.
Please go if you can. 
It was all wonderful. 
I may need to go again.
All followed by another round of work and then a surprisingly empty train home.
Love Nora xxx

Comments

  1. Nora, I am so, so lucky to have been able to see that fabulous exhibit while I was in London. Yes...if any of you all are within easy traveling distance...please do see it.

    Before I got to those photographs and words, I was thinking that your Christmas food displays were making me so very hungry...even though I am right now enjoying my own home cooked pasta supper and glass of red.

    Ahhh, the power of a wonderful blog site. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! Friends, art and pastry! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glamorous and cosmopolitan day!
    Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brillant. I will be in this part of London in January. Thanks for the heads up about the market and the exhibition. Will definitely check out this exhibition. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts