Monday, 15 December 2014

BIRTHDAYS AND OLD WORDS

DAY TWENTY EIGHT
Today has been a busy day, back in the heart of costume making, in a bit of a flap and rushing to meet a deadline.
There was no time to take photos of anything interesting.
So instead I am going to show you some pretty pictures.

 
 
This was for my Sister in Law Lizzie's significant birthday at the end of the summer.
The Hippie's Mum had given me a beautiful old pocket dictionary that had once been given to her father by an Uncle.
It seemed fitting to use her Granddad's dictionary as a base for Lizzie's present the stitched initials of her little family.
The paper was very fine and delicate and it was tricky to stitch without ripping. 




Elizabeth

 
 
Dean

 
 
Soul

 
 
Liberty
I am planning another one of these very soon and thought that I might write it up as a tutorial, so if you are interested in the idea of stitching on to paper, watch this space.
Love Nora xxx












4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'll look forward to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I like the idea of stitching onto paper. On of my friends has just had an exhibition doing the same thing with embroidered rescued fine art prints. Such a thoughtful gift too. Xx

    ReplyDelete