Wednesday, 2 April 2014

SWAPSIES

Recently I have taken part in a couple of swaps.
I do love a good swapsie, but I'm ALWAYS really crap at getting them done on time. Humm bearing in mind my last post I feel there is a theme developing!
The first was a Phat Quarter swap with the theme of Bestiary, fantastical, mythical beasties.
So I made a set of flying ducks a la Hilda Ogden for Leslie.

All in a spiffy old pencil tin.
It was kind of a homage to our Grandmother's domesticity. My Grandma had an armchair like this when I was young and she constantly used to make reference to antimacassars and flying ducks. Though I don't remember her having either.
In Return I received this delightful unicorn from Salvaged Mutiny.

I also took part in an Artists Trading Card swap organised by Ali at Very Berry, the theme was literature, right up my street. I made a copy of the front cover of my favourite book of all time for Laura of Blue Giraffe.

And in return I received this amazing card from Debbie.

I don't know if I like the front or the back best.

Every few days I swap it over so I can look at the other side for a while.
Well, Thats it on the swap front for now folks. Though I'm sure before too long I will be signing up for another load and again leaving it till the last moment before getting my act together.
Love Nora xxx

5 comments:

  1. Please show and tell how you made those flying ducks...they are so Hilda. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that is fantastic, but I LOVE the ducks! My sister and I used to collect these when we were students. Wish we'd kept them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God! I love the flying ducks and our Hilda. Next you will have to make a "Muriel". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have a tin of Lakeland Pencils when I was at middle school! A couple of years ago I aske to go to the Pencil Museum in Kendal for my birthday! Everyone laughed at me...but it was great. I've got a set of 3 miniature ducks on my fridge; stuck on with magnets. Very cute. This brought back such memories Nora.

    ReplyDelete