DOUBLE, DOUBLE TOIL AND TROUBLE, FIRES BURN AND CAULDRON BUBBLE

My first year students have been working hard for weeks and weeks and weeks.
They have been designing and making their first costumes.
They had to study the text of Macbeth, analyse the characters, create a full set of designs for he play and realise one of them.
I won't let them spend lots of money on fabric.
They have to be inventive with what they find in the costume department, scraps of fabric, off cuts, old curtains.


They all created their own fabrics and textures in one way or another.

Dyeing, distressing and using interesting found materials.

Would you believe these are all part of costumes for Macbeth?
My clever Bunnies.
Love Nora xxx

Comments

  1. I want to be one of your students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Love the diversity here - from that wonderful gold at the top to feathers at the bottom - marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love the imagination spurred on by upcycling and zero budgets! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fabulous!!! Amazing idea, Jane. What a fantastic teacher you are :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nora. I've just discovered your blog and wish you had been a teacher at my school when I was young. It would have been so much fun. Instead I had a nagging Nelly who made me put in and take out a zip about 5 times until I was nearly in tears. I am still scared of zips!! Have enjoyed reading your posts. Best wishes from Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I be a bunny????
    What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow....you have some very imaginative and creative students. Costume designers of the future me thinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing!
    You have very lucky students x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would like to be your student --- a bit late to my regret.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever bunnies indeed, but they obviously have a top notch teacher. Can we please see more when they're done?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts