TAKING AN OLD BAG SHOPPING.
Today as way of a consolation prize as his big brother and Dad have gone away for the weekend I took the Bombshell out on a quest,
We went on a bag hunt.
Why?
Well, last week I spent an afternoon drinking tea, chatting and reacquainting myself with the screens we had made for this Crafty Pint workshop.
Whilst putting the world to rights, discovering pleasing overlaps in our musical tastes and planning our crafty takeover of South West Sixteen Gillian and I screen printed a lot of bags with a lot of images.
Yesterday I realised why she looked so pleased when I offered to heat set them all, a couple of hours, a very achey arm and a very hot iron later, I bribed my two boys to stuff them with flyers for all the events happening at The Railway, the venue for all my crafty workshops.





So this morning the quest began.
Off we trotted to the farmer's market that the pub hosts once a fortnight. On the way there we spotted some of our neighbours struggling home laden with wares. 
"Nice bags!" I called out.
"I know, they are giving them away for free at the market, if you hurry you may get one, they are really fab." they replied


"I know, I printed them!" I swaggered.
By this time I was glad the number one son was away as he would have been cringing at my shameing behaviour.
However Number two son was very pleased to spot some fluttering in the breeze 







and adorning the stalls.
Me, in the end, gratifying though it was to see people taking their dinner home in something I had printed, was just glad to get out of the rain and have a pub lunch!
Have a good weekend people.
Love Nora xxx

Comments

  1. I love your bags!
    I wish we had markets like the English do...
    I hope you're having a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your post title I thought perhaps you were going to write about taking me shopping! I imagine your pressing arm got quite the work out, a dryer on high heat will do the trick though in a pinch. Truly love the bags, and wish I had my very own! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! How fabulous :) What a wonderful thing to do and how lovely to see someone walking along with one. Great to have some quality time with number two as well. Kx

    p.s. We have an ironing machine - not mine but it might as well be because I'm always using it for heat setting these days... fantastic invention :)
    p.p.s. I'm coming over in May - for a whole week!!! Hope we can catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bags and it must be really special to see your happy neighbors carrying them around all over town :). Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you! I would be thrilled to able to shout that out! Karen :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts