HALF TERM SUPER SAVER RETURN TO THE NORTH.
OR ANTHONY GORMLEY AND STEAM TRAINS.
Last night the boys and I returned from our trip to see Grandma.
A journey that involved a train, a tube, a big train and a tram, and then the same again in reverse on the way home.
We arrived and left in blazing sunshine, but the days in between, well...
Lets just say it thankfully didn't rain.
For years now I have wanted to see "Another place".

The exhibit of Anthony Gormley statues on Corby beach just above Liverpool.
In fact I've wanted to go since it was first put up.
But somehow every time we go a visiting to the north it hasn't worked out.
Until now.

I was not disappointed.

And somehow I managed to persuade the boys interacting with a work of art
was more fun than the playground.

The rest of the holiday went in a blur of spectacular sunsets,

steam trains,

goose impersonations

and finding easy ways for a 3 yr old to carve a pumpkin.

Hope you are enjoying a few days off too.
Love Nora xx

Comments

  1. I would love to see the Anthony Gormley statues! Glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the installation on Crosby beach and have been a few times. Just think....we have trodden the same sand....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just found your blog, looks like you all had the best holiday. Lots of time for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your buttons and am delighted!!
    Absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time - and those statues are awesome, aren't they. My kids were a bit scared of them at first!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts