DRIFTING IN THE UNDERTOW
Having had two wonderful weeks off,
spending time with the boys, our Anglo/Finnish Welsh friends, the in laws and
the french arm of the family,
though thankfully not all at the same time!
Too many nights were spent not in my own bed.
Three of which were spent on the slowly deflating air-bed of doom.
But it was worth it so much fun was had.
I then came back to earth with a little bit too much of a bump.
A 16 hr journey home followed by eight costumes in two days.
Today the pull of the undertow was strong.
So I have taken to my bed with a fuzzy head and sore back.
Tomorrow is another day and I have no doubt all will be well.
But me feeling slightly under parr is the least of our worries.
Illness is stalking my most beloved and precious at the moment.
One of the junior Vikings has spent his Spring break in hospital.
Grandmothers have been dispatched from the homelands to the north.
Whilst Aunties spend their spring break in France worrying and fretting with Granddad.
An other most treasured and loved family member is also very ill.
What to do?
I'm left feeling at a loss and can be of no useful help.
Well other than listen and love.
The junior Viking has had a huge parcel chocked full of lego and fake moustaches dispatched to great him on his return from hospital.
But what of the rest of the family?
Shockingly lego wouldn't do here.
Then I remembered some of the best advice I've ever had.
A few years ago in the midst of some trauma of other I turned to my friend Ali who said "Jane always play to your strengths"
So I have started this.

Not a great photo, but the light is so bad today.
I will tell the whole tale when its finished and delivered.
The slow painstaking stitching helps.
Each one reminds me just how much the people in it mean to me and how much I love them.
Tomorrow I will return with more upbeat tales.
Love Nora xxxx

Comments

  1. Oh dear, oh dear! Sending waves of good healing thoughts your way! Let me know if there is anything I can do, anything at all!

    The stitching looks absolutely amazing!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, doesn't sound good. Do hope you and your loved ones are back to fighting strength very soon. Love your applique embroidery - look forward to seeing the finished article.
    Take it as easy as you can. M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and prayers for you all. HUG x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That embroidery is going to be fabulous - what am I saying..it IS already fantastic. I LOVE stitchery art.

    I do hope it all turns better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's sad - hope for a speedy recovery for both your loved ones (& you too!). Look forward to seeing the finished project

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Listen and love" and stitching are always good I think

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture took my breath away for a moment, it's so beautiful. Thinking of you all and sending good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope all your poorly loved ones recover soon and in the midst of all this you must take care of YOU...after all how can you fret if you are ill too? We multi taskers have to be strong 100% of the time....I adore the embroidery...wow is all I can say. Sending Northern good wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery, it's so hard when you are far away from loved ones.
    Take care of you too, hope you're feeling better today. Big hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read your blog, I smile, I'm sad then I smile again.Like you I always try to accentuate the positive. Feel better soon.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot to cope with , even when you're feeling 100%. The embroidery looks loved and soothing, hope it is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you and your family a speedy recovery - loving the embroidery, looks fab so far x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really is a beautiful piece Jane - I love it! Can't wait to hear the story attached to it :)
    Glad all is well again with the family. Your fabulous parcel arrived the other day too - thank you! :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending my Germlan good wishes to you, dear Nora, for a good recovery of your dears, your embroidery is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts